Steering Group Meeting Weds 12 May - Minutes

STEERING Group Meeting
Date of meeting:  Weds 12 May 2010   Location: Penthouse  Time: 6-7pm

Individuals present: Hina Alvi, Belinda Sharp, Kelda Haines, Cheyenne Miller (new member of steering group)

Apologies from:  Louise Hoather (Stepped down from steering group)

Chair/Minute Taker: Hina Alvi

AGENDA (Refer to previous meeting's minutes and/or fill in at beginning of meeting):


  • Standing item - To send out pre-agenda to food group reps - Anne, Mel and Kelda
  • Standing item - Everyone to email Tattler stuff directly to Karen before end of each month
  • Standing Item - Fundraising - Belinda to talk to Marc about accessing funds in Wellington.
  • Food group to organise screening of Earth Whisperers - May public mtg - currently being organised.
  • Belinda to collate food group meeting into leaftet and ask Donna (WCC) to take some to Bokashi event -Roll over to next mtg (RO)
  • Belinda to confirm cycling workshop - (RO)
  • Belinda and Spencer to meet with Cornerstore re: Farmers Market - Belinda has emailed. (RO)
  • Belinda to get back to Marc and confirm US volunteer Tim - done.
  • Spencer ot investigate WITS and report back (RO)
  • Louise to send out dates for re-group mtg re: Goals, directions and responsibilities - As Louise as stepped down from steering group, Kelda has agreed to ask Anne about possible Matariki/mid-winter celebration. Kelda will report back (RO)

2. Next public meeting (June) - Waste group's turn, Belinda to liaise with Waste group. Back up plan is to hold a public meeting based on Belinda and Marc's trip to UK focussing on renewable energies, with speakers from other overseas TT movements. (RO)

3. June Tattler - Hina to report back about success of cleaning products workshop

4. Occasional later meeting to accomodate Mel off Food Group - Agreed to, Kelda to check with Mel to see which meeting works for her.

5. Frock Swap (For those interested) - Hiring of Hall - How long? (Currently booked from 12-9pm) Cost? (12.50 per room per hour) Comms plan, timeline, assigning responsibilities, recruiting volunteers, sending out email to last year's Frock Swappers(BS to draft?), etc  - Hina to chase room booking, agreed to host Frock Swap 2010 at on Saturday at end of July/August had a general discussion around ideas, Belinda to draft email to go to past frock swappers, Hina to send out from ttbrooklyn email account. Once Belinda comes back from trip we need to organise a Frock Swap meeting.
ACTION POINTS (Note down action points as they occur during meeting)           
For each action point please note who is responsible for its completion, by when and what resources/support is needed to do so.

(Plus action points above in italic)

1. Belinda to check Barb is still alive, haven't heard from her in a while.

Tentative agenda for next meeting: see rolled over (RO) items above

Date, location and time of next steering group meeting: Weds 9th June , Penthouse, 6pm