- Local groups
- All groups
- Upper North Island
- Bay of Islands
- Opotiki Coast
- Lower North Island
- South Island
- National network
- Add your group to this web site
- Offer Support
- Contact us
The Return of the Great Brooklyn Frock Swap!
The Return of the Great Brooklyn Frock Swap
Following the runaway success of ‘The Great Brooklyn Frock Swap’ in 2009, it's back in 2010 to provide you with a great wardrobe for a donation of only $10. Wow!
Date: Saturday 7 August
Venue: Brooklyn Community Centre, Harrison Street
For those of you who have never attended such an event, here's a quick summary to let you know...
...how it works:
1. Register by replying to this email with the word ‘register’ in the subject line. You will receive an email confirming that you will be attending. (Please pre-register by July 26, 2010 to ensure your spot in the event.)
2. Raid your wardrobe for between 5 and 10 (max) gently worn garments and/or accessories you think others will value but that you no longer wear. All sizes and styles welcome. Give them a wash, press and fold neatly so they’re ready for the swap. Whatever number of items you bring, that’s how many items you can swap for (eg: if you brought 6 items, you can leave with 6 “new” items). N.B. if you don’t bring anything you can’t “shop” – sorry, that’s how it works!
3.Bring your clothes along to the Brooklyn Community Centre on Harrison Street the Saturday from 2pm - 6:30pm. We’ll sort out your clothes so everything is ready for the swap in the evening.
4. At 7pm on the day of the Frock Swap, we will open the ‘store’ for browsing where you can look at garments. N.B. YOU CANNOT PICK CLOTHES UP/WALK AROUND WITH THEM/TRY THEM ON DURING THIS PHASE. Please respect this as it ensures that every guest has a fair hunt!
5. The Swap will be officially open for swapsies at 7:30pm at which point you can try things on.
6. When you're all shopped out, guests will proceed to the check-out counter to sign out for their ‘new’ wardrobe. Remember you can take as many items as you bring.
All left over clothes will be donated to charity so, whatever happens, your unwanted clothes will find a loving home!
Interested in Volunteering?
This event is brought to you by Transition Town Brooklyn. To make this evening work requires a lot of volunteers. If you would like to help, please include the word Volunteer in the subject reply - we would really love to meet you and get more people involved with Transition Town Brooklyn.
Transition Town Brooklyn is a network for local people and community groups who want to take practical action to turn the challenges of climate change and the decline of cheap oil into an opportunity for a sustainable and a higher quality way of life.
Location / Venue:
Brooklyn Community Centre, Harrison Street