- Local groups
- All groups
- Upper North Island
- Bay of Islands
- Opotiki Coast
- Lower North Island
- South Island
- National network
- Add your group to this web site
- Offer Support
- Contact us
Square Foot Gardening, Mount Eden Village
19 Feb 2012 10:30
19 Feb 2012 12:00
Please note that we have a limited number for each workshop. If you are interested in this workshop please rsvp to:: Judith Holtebrinck
Square foot gardening with Ken Clark from Waiheke
This is a unique chance to learn all you need to know to start and maximise food production in the city from one of New Zealand’s most successful square foot gardeners. Square foot gardening is a perfect solution for city gardens as it produces 70% more food than conventional gardens with less work. Ken will also share practical tips to improve your organic gardening skills and talk about soil maintenance, home-made organic fertiliser and seed saving.
What to expect:
- The workshops cover everything from seeds and organic gardening.
- You will get the chance to design your own Square foot garden on a map that you can take home.
- A flyer with gardening and soil information will be handed out outlining the workshop.
- After this workshop you can set up your own SFG garden and start your food production.
- To set up your own Square foot garden takes one hour.
About Ken Clark and Square foot gardening:
Ken first learnt about square foot gardening about 20 years ago. He proceeded to do it his own way for 17 years. 5 years ago he retired to Waiheke Island & started SFG in earnest. Ken lives on a small size section and produces an abundance of fruit and veges using the Square foot gardening method. SFG advocates growing only what you need on a weekly basis. It is a fantastic system for busy people who wish to have a more sustainable life and organically grow food with the minimum fuss and effort.
Location / Venue:
Mt Eden Village Auckland