- Local groups
- All groups
- Upper North Island
- Bay of Islands
- Opotiki Coast
- Lower North Island
- South Island
- National network
- Add your group to this web site
- Offer Support
- Contact us
Richard Heinberg Auckland Presentation
30 Sep 2012 13:00
30 Sep 2012 15:00
Richard Heinberg's quest for a more resilient, sustainable, and healthy future comes to New Zealand thanks to the Post Carbon Institute, Grey Lynn 2030 and Sustainable Business Network.
Richard will bring his challenging and compelling message. He'll ask — and answer — some of the most challenging questions we face:
• Will the convergence of financial instability, the end of cheap oil, and climate change usher in an era of contraction?
• Will we transition to a new economy that doesn’t depend on growth fueled by cheap energy, reckless consumption and financial speculation?
• How can communities’ best prepare for economic volatility and thrive in a re-localized world?
• Can we pursue improvements in education, the arts, health, well-being, freedom, and happiness without ever-expanding consumption?
Richard will also be speaking at the council offices in Hamiton at 12pm on Oct 1st and Tauranga at Baycourt at 7:15 on Oct 1st also.
Location / Venue:
Auckland University Fisher & Paykel Appliances Auditorium, Owen G Glenn Building, The University of Auckland Business School, 12 Grafton Road