- Local groups
- All groups
- Upper North Island
- Bay of Islands
- Opotiki Coast
- Lower North Island
- South Island
- National network
- Add your group to this web site
- Offer Support
- Contact us
updated 19 Dec 2008
Transition Nelson Health Group meeting. Wednesday 11th February, 7.30 - 9pm, Nelson Environment Centre, 215 Akersten St, Port Nelson Queries to Jenese email email@example.com
Contact person for the Health Group is Jenese - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transition Nelson Health Group Minutes Wed 19th November 2008
Present; Jenese, Kathy, Cathy Alexander, Brigitte.
Need to – Find our feet first and build foundations.
- Find out what is already happening in the community, PHO
- Really understand the implications of Climate Change and Peak Oil on Healthcare delivery.
- “Start how you mean to go on”
- Well done Brigitte and Alexander for following up the “Notification of Spraying” and getting a positive outcome and response.
- Look at media opportunities to raise awareness. E.g. letters to the editor.
- Importance of “emotional intelligence” in Children. Courses a possible project?
Herb/wellness Garden. – Look at links with Waimarama. Food group are looking at
same sort of project?. Find out what happened at 144 Health
with their herb garden. Could get Council to plant/maintain on
Work on EDAP
Integrated Health Centre – Vision for the future. Could it link in with Melrose House or
the proposed Sustainability Centre? A Model Centre with Alternative and
Conventional Practitioners, grow own medicines etc.
Put together a resource as an awareness raiser on the impacts of Climate Change and
Peak Oil to the Health Sector.
Actions before next meeting
- Take a good look at Totnes Health and Wellbeing Group website- totnes.transitionnetwork.org/healthandwellbeing/home
- Get more familiar with the implications of CC and PO.
- Thinks about our “Vision” or “Aims”
Next Meeting Wednesday 10th December, 7.30pm, NEC, 215 Akersten St.